Uniform and Dress Code Policy
The staff at Taylor Street Elementary School strive to create a safe environment for all students. Children’s accessories and hair should not interfere with classroom learning activities or draw attention to it. The dress code has been reviewed and approved by the Taylor Street Site Council which is made up of parents and staff. The dress code will be strictly enforced. Students who are dressed inappropriately will need to call home for a change of clothing before returning to class. Students who are unable to contact parents for a change of clothing may be provided a change of clothing from the office as available.
Expected dress for scholars at Taylor Street
- Pants, shorts, skirts, jumpers, dresses, etc must be clean and fitted.
- There is no dress code for jackets worn outside. However, when in the classroom, students may not wear jackets except for plain sweatshirts, sweaters or light jackets.
Other features of our dress code
Students are allowed to wear clothes that are appropriate for school. The following items are NOT allowed:
- Tops with spaghetti straps.
- Tops that expose the student’s mid riff.
- Short shorts.
- Sagging pants.
- Gang-related clothing..
- No open toe shoes or flip flops (shoes must attach firmly to the foot).
- Hats are allowed, but must be removed when inside.
School staff will make determination as to what is appropriate clothing.